Pages

Photos from France

3/21/13
Hi all!

Since I shared with you in my last post that I had studied photography in Provence, France, I thought it would be neat to pull out some of my photos and relive the trip again. :)

Don't get used to any sort of photography blog, because once I had to give back my school-issued Canon Rebel (the camera I have since been pining for every time we go to Best Buy), my photography capability was reduced to the camera on my smartphone. (I feel like that deserves a #firstworldproblems.)

Anywhere, here in its abbreviated glory, is my brief life in Provence.

I always dreamed of framing my market photos and putting them in my house, but I haven't gotten to it yet. :(



This is one of my favorites. It was taken at a church at the very top of this small mountain town, and the image of the cross standing alone at sunset struck me as being very moving.

The French flag flying proudly in the light of the setting sun.

Love this one, too. I literally squatted down in a field for about a half hour to get this shot of this tiny little flower just right.

Looking out over the Mediterranean.

Mary looking down from the entrance to a monastery-turned-insane asylum where Van Gogh was admitted as a patient.

A lonely chair sits in the sunlight streaming through an asylum window.

A bumblebee enjoys the expanse of French lavender fields.


That's all for now! If you'd like to see more, let me know and I'll post some. :) I love sharing my travels! I hope you'll share your memories of France in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. I want to see more!! Definitely going to make Chicken Provençal sometime soon. Also, when are we going to plan our trip to Europe together? -CSwift

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are definitely going to go back to Europe! We'll have to take Matt, too. The poor guy is aching to try German food and beer. I'm thinking once we move to Springfield, a trip to St. Louis for some quality Euro trip planning time is in order!

      Delete