Pages

Our Travel Itinerary

2/14/13
 
Me and my husband, Matt
Okay, so you’re probably wondering where we’re going to be going on this culinary adventure. In preparing for this blog, I consulted my husband, Matt, who will be my right-hand man on this project (what I mean by that is the poor guy has to eat the food I’m going to be making). He’s also a history buff, and his studies are focused on China, so he’ll be a huge help when we get there.

But pack your bags! We’re going to be traveling a lot in this eleven-week travel itinerary I’ve put together:

Week 1 (Feb. 15-Feb. 23):                 Cajun Cuisine and the Caribbean
Week 2 (Feb. 24-March 2):               Mexico!
Week 3 (March 3-March 9):             Cuba and Brazil
Week 4 (March 10-March 16):         Spain
Week 5 (March 17-March 23):         France
Week 6 (March 24-March 30):         Italy
Week 7 (March 31-April 6):             Germany and the Czech Republic
Week 8 (April 7-April 13):                Russia
Week 9 (April 14-April 20):              Korea
Week 10 (April 21-April 27):            China
Week 11 (April 28-May 4):                Thailand

My incredibly impressive world map of our eleven weeks of travel.

Phew! I figure that, after eleven weeks, we’ll probably all be ready for a big, greasy burger and some fries. But for now, prepare yourselves for a worldwide adventure, plate by plate.

Throughout our journey, I’ll be posting about each country’s cuisine, with bits of culture, history, music, and language sprinkled in. I hope you’ll all chime in if you find something interesting or have some of your own travel experiences to share.

The good news is, for the first few days, you won’t need to pack your bags and sunscreen quite yet, because in honor of Mardi Gras, we’re heading down to New Orleans.


...On second thought, you’d better pack some Purell.



No comments:

Post a Comment